[CBQ] Silver Club

To: "CBQ" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>, "BRHSlist" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Silver Club
From: "Bill Jelinek" <bjelinek@northlc.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 02:53:17 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1296291205; bh=1QRxUdZsAFNWcRQ656nuEDO8AmcKMwrEy8fWNl0JYRM=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Spam-Status:X-Spam-Level:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=EhTWOnYIv7h/52ZyI2Ui579RYL0/Ag8gkbOl3MxBcoPQP/UlFEuY5QsZKUNaiDEEzYxFUmI/3D5fMSpLVzhOcA+/piGyf/5BXQ5Qwvtv6nAQMOLb32RzHq9UmUHp08dX
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The Lake Superior Railroad Museum in Duluth, MN will be acquiring a piece of
passenger equipment that should be of interest to the list members.  Dirk
Lenthe of Fargo, ND is donating a California Zephyr
Dome-Buffet-Lounge-Dormitory, CB&Q 250, Silver Club.  Dave Lotz made mention of
this in The Zephyr No. 58.

Tim Schandel at the LSRM asked me to inquire if anyone might have any
information on this car -- photos, inside and out; references/books/websites
that he could check out; drawings (he does have Randall's CB&Q Budd Passenger
Car Library Vol 1); any personal recollections -- you get the drift.

Tim is planning to put together a display when it comes time for seeking
donations for restoration.  I have already provided him the HO BLI model for
this.

I suppose when the car arrives in town and a restoration plan is revealed, I'll
have to appeal to the BRHS for a contribution.  When we restored the SOO GP30
#700, the fund-raising drive was "Join The 700 Club!"  I guess this one will be
simply "The Silver Club!"

What I have heard from Tim is that the museum should receive the car by the end
of this year.  He said Dirk is installing all of the window glass and
re-working the trucks.  We will have all of the dome seating, but the car
itself is stripped.

If you can help-out Tim, please email him at tim@lsrm.org.

Thanks in advance.

Bill Jelinek