[CBQ] 5632 and 4960

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] 5632 and 4960
From: "Theo" <hi_jeanx@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 21:41:27 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1296250899; bh=KYj1YRLEAjTJpAXhY5OqfrqRD6SUNUA7tnC7S6Tl5ao=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=HmCH7WcOy+gq2SaQ+lXZ3k7SSZnLJ/I09+ZOQ+6I3MAmh+wwLpLiJ6uZ8kWzJVMcngASs05QnpF3iN9ijfYVO1VftsnbiGvOl11RFn47eEDPuY1qMF0LNyAB3RuyOZdI
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Thanks for all the replies to my posts about photos or slides.  I now know more
about the chemistry of ditto fluid than I ever thought I would know but still
don't have any leads on photos of the 4960 on its St. Louis trip I had
requested.  Any help would be appreciated.

My posting about photos of the 5632 in 1959 will continue as I have been going
through boxes.  That 1959 trip to Galesburg was advertised as a recreation of
the run of the "Aristocrat", although somewhat shorter.  It was my first
excursion experience with steam, thanks to a kindly aunt who was also a
closeted railfan and a daily rider on the Rock Island.  She rode daily from
Hamilton Park to her downtown job at the Federal Reserve Bank, which is now an
armed fortress very different from the days in the 1960's when you could get on
an elevator and go to the 12th floor without anybody even questioning you.
Those days are gone as are the trains, the "Al Capone" and other style
open-window coaches used on the commuter lines, most of the great stations and
2/3 or the interurbans that radiated in three directions from the Windy City.
RE: "The Northern and the Mike", I have two copies and would have had a third
if the great flood of 1990 hadn't inundated my basement.

Ted Lemen

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com