RE: [CBQ] Employee Moves

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Employee Moves
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 11:13:01 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1296069183; bh=xdXI1eY2JmHZKtUDdBvLK4g+JgMODRTJlv+YhDchqeQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=M7/dt8BB07jazBSR0NN8mEHLOOxqwwfDepir7LkPvAfo7q+5qEl1fUZ1gPk2k54aWOrrHGSeA8jIRwpw7qXC7USEofCbGNMLdPY/HEyja4e+FiyeRpIrS1KAmXcNur7t
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Here on the Beardstown Division, there were several locations that the company
provided houses for the section foremen. Most if not all of them had a company
telephone so that the foreman could be reached in an emergency. At Chistopher,
the roundhouse foreman was provided with a house.  At Centralia for a long time
almost all of the Q employees lived in the northwestern part of town, near the
depot, yards and shops.

BTW, my mother was born in a MOP section house at Gorham, Illinois where my
grandfather was section foremen. He moved quite often and my grandmother used
to say that she had lived in every section house on the Illinois Division (of
the MOP).