[CBQ] Re: Sheepyard tracks

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Sheepyard tracks
From: "o_rrman" <mofferman@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 03:13:40 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1295752422; bh=7EZL1bmSeDJR+y2GAh55WkDFCfmlvgXbqHIxPuRu0TM=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=GenXI7d543YjTg5GeJkcZVuKMU5gVkHmlOM/8v27gdEKi2JPUqZq4EZ036PmZTQ3UyWZvXKd0tIyElX/OdA57MRukhYypabHuVZWOaHtda1hl1ZA+VS7UG+GFpRoDxhD
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Thank you Leo and Steve. As always, your stories are great!  Just so I am
clear, the sheepyard lead is currently the track that parallels mains 1 and 2
to the west through Montgomery?  It starts at the C&I main, drops down a little
to the switch leading into the sheepyard and then back up to where it joins
main one across from the old Lyon plant?  I always thought that was the 'old
north main'.  If so, is the old north main actually down in bowl of the
sheepyard itself?  If so, I'm thinking its the track closest to the elevation -
correct?

Here is what Leo had posted a while ago which is what I was using as a
reference --
"Just as FYI: From the double mainline Northward(timetable direction  based)
here were the track names at the sheep yd:

Old North Main
B/O- any body know why? It's in the history of that track.What happened to
the b/os placed on this track ?
Middle
????????( I cant remember)
elevator
North/South Chutes."

end of Leo's text

By the way - I am modeling in N scale and am using Atlas code 55, so compared
to the bigger mainline track it should look pretty flimsy...

As always, I appreciate your help.

Mike Offerman

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com