Re: [CBQ] Modelling the depot at Buda.

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Modelling the depot at Buda.
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 05:56:59 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1292767029; bh=uHi24FPjHCQ6xtivdNqDJcwDHfkgsoSpC2se7b1CCdM=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=mT9hvzTGCy/HP4w0XGsHN8AIcBnMqGBmRIFIUQA6nyUn35h0B+dSiY1epPE+M/yhN9qz2FuI50dQLmYZriPDZnz3qkBsdWDNLoRlV0+EWApD3u8N4zGOcIh13XLKsxXP
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Paul
The depot at Buda was constructed of Wood.  In the '20s a number of depots in
towns which had more traffic were replaced often with the old wood depot moved
and used as a freight depot.  Apparently some of the towns along the lines
which
did not have the traffic base complained enough and the company went thru and
rebuilt the depots.  The eaves were cut back to look more modern, often floors
were rebuilt with cement and tile rather then the old wood, Windows were
changed
and in some cases the size was reduced then brick was used on the bottoms and
stucco was applied above(some just got the stucco)  This was an effort to
modernize the looks. I will try and put a couple photos up showing some what
the
looks
Steve in SC
Existing structures coordinator