RE: [CBQ] Re: Auto frames on flats

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: Auto frames on flats
From: Gerald Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 07:28:10 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1291123717; bh=EIcFdz3K+yRygA5z/PC73dq2fVXEqpqblfnqxwjhQCc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=RGFMtG1Hngm9D28/3/URIymxrhJ3KJ1vDY8e5SDnhjITvntnsJlaKtTj0BOS+mwlXYHMQahrvDpnS3/TFRdxZpli6njIK4A3zHVwLAoJvWOQq1blBdIxopyj88W0gR2G
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Back in the late 70's (?) the SE Wis Div of the NMRA ("WISE") was in the midst
of a several yr program of ltd edition prototype HO freight cars (Athearn)
including such heretofore 'new' road names as Kewaunee, Green Bay & Western
(east end of the GB&W).  They also provided scale loads of auto frames
separately and showed pictures of prototype loading both in 40' gons and on
flats in the instruction sheets.  As I recall (have the cars @ home) they were
indeed tied down in two stacks on flats and loaded on end in a slanted row in
gons.  Thin black thread was suggested to represent banding.  KGB&W is ideal
for CB&Q fans as GB&W interchanged much of their west end traffic with the Q in
Winona.  Whether Q flats for such loading went via GB&W, I have no idea but
would have been a Q/GB&W/KGB&W/PM routing to Michigan auto plants.

Gerald