RE: [CBQ] Time keeping in Nebraska

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>, <janet.jeffries@doane.edu>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Time keeping in Nebraska
From: Gerald Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 10:49:59 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1288885834; bh=2cZjIICB54ToaEf+7rRIAyNsGPHFkAz4yknouuH2sfo=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=iGnGZKhH8GC3k1J1R7nl0k4KeQAjw5Y6ShgkL/0WYEt9qKU9GodyUqKmiGccv+jkBZEiy6kuhQqXv8/2HuWcgJriqb1+sYuEqw9TmDz9BVdEzy8m4qLxJANfU69MqRL0
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
A good question indeed! Overton's books, esp. the Burlington West are prime
sources.  I'll also inquire of Al Holck.  He does not use the Internet but his
personal CB&Q historical focus is Nebraska.  Overton's original Burlington
Route has an unexpurgated version that it nearly 3 times as long; I am not
aware of a similar version for BW that might answer this question but use of
the footnotes in the latter may render further data that Janet is seeking.
As an aside, several RR's used colleges along their routes as cover art for
menus; CB&Q did so with Knox College @ Galesburg but I am not aware of one
displaying Doane - anyone on list aware of one?

Gerald