Re: [CBQ] Re: Tales From The Rails expanded book

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Tales From The Rails expanded book
From: Dale Pierce <p.dale13@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 14:05:52 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1287435954; bh=toT4LgqRO08fQBdY1L2dSdEqM4dhff1j7DOkd3oWuKY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Dptf6zzVyBa1EuA3W+Ibe2XQ8NgB/6kFYlks/X6OJl2U4eS9aptSsMPSoX+LaMAZPR8OItY0Qt6AgUauu8xOoX1FGipJtbpFgFreuq3CZUr/Xpo6rq6o34JrsznH3ypS
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Essentially this is something I wish to put out and preserve a load of data in
my head on from experienced from over the years. and corresponding to my own
interests. I have a my space with a list of contents therein, but not being at
home right now, do not have the url. This was done on lulu as cia books on
demand I could get the thing out without having to kiss up to any book
publishers. The book is large in dimension at 8 1/2 by 11 but has no photos as
I have yet to figure out how to include these with lulu.. A ten page preview
should be available at the site. Might have been better to have given more data
on the posts on the groups I am on, but ....here is an answer now.

The book consists of an assortment of different tales from all over. These
range from a  few paragraphs to a few pages. Northern Pacific and other
railroad sin the northwest abound as I spent some time when I was a kid in
Washington. Rode the North Coast Limited and this si where the Burlington
interest comes, from them switching engines to Burlington before going into
Chicago. There is more NP than Burlington material. I knwo that. Also includes
a Burlington chapter, Burlington comes up where museum displays have the same
such as the section on the St Louis Museum fo Transportation, the Zephyrs, etc.
Again what I have is a compilation of many short stories and items with
something for everyone and  many railroad lines. I put out something I think is
interesting and if people agree fine and if not  fine also. I tried to keep
cost as low as possible also and am only making a few dollars of profit for
each sale from my cut. Money was not my goal.

I am trying to recall off the top of my head, more topics, but I am at the
senior center computer room while waiting for my wife to get off work and
again, not at home.
There is no input from historical societies as frankly I do not like them that
much,. Never had any problem with railroad societies, but had a bad experience
with one long ago, a local California  county society. Years ago when my Will
West Characters was in pritn a local paper did a review of the book and some
historical society hot shot wrote in a  rebuke disputign the accuracy for one
of the bios. je made the crack, "I do nto knwo what source the writer used for
this but it was "not accurate." I heard no response from him when I got his
address and sent a copy of the ":source" to him and to the paper. The source
that was supposedly ":not accurate" was HIS historical society. Since then it
has not been my practice to seek input from any historical societies. Nothing
against the number of rail societies out theer as I have had no dealing with
them and assume they are fine groups, but the California experience jaded me to
that.

Dale Pierce