Re: [CBQ] Re:Zephyr #59 and Downers Grove

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re:Zephyr #59 and Downers Grove
From: roy wojahn <zuch2rew@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 08:06:27 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1284563190; bh=aTG1GDk/dO25lJPY6gp/3hVYD9k4+1Cgu6PGzPgvTPs=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=kGKHkcZB0D+Vf1q2JPCJOGf2ZOKKPn3KycmDqmvoCPmLRlOyJShxBQyleTpSIOxKkGqDviLz246jqkxQN/MEmvPJmJmIFiNgzCgI55Zv3Bdbl6fQpZ3sbNNLf8AXm0BS
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Leo Phillip was kind enough to help answer my own question of "did diesels use
the facilities at Downers Grove before the sites demise?"  Bulletin #1 has a
shot of #9904 (Pegasus) on the turntable in 1948.  On the next page, the
caption
states that only two of the six weekday (rush?) trains from Downers were steam
powered by Sept. 13, 1952.  The facility was closed on Sept. 27, 1952.