[CBQ] Zephyr No 59

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Zephyr No 59
From: Ray Bedard <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:09:44 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1284505886; bh=yhz67JyMiurRn8tF2sKEyfi/sHmty73vbPJ+DkcYV3E=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Wz0HE6hWljDYf6Jp7kH16pumTgfikb0q9Msj1nQ22TLx1LYogJ5kvoVajirLQB6UrwprZ+z6NtqSTIRrpcdm+RcOWborQz+CCEGfHnaq/blL22CbIYzDvJCW0Sv5tA4U
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
A wonderful Zephyr again.
I really enjoyed the article about Downers Grove. I grew up in Berwyn, but was
9 years old when the terminal was closed. I remember parts of DG terminal, as
we often took the train to Naperville to visit my parents friends. A great
story.
Bill Glick's test car is a project he and I discussed about a year ago. I just
completed my model, but kit bashed 2 Walthers waycars. I extended the rear
platform and used Walthers heavy weight passenger car steps for that end. I
decided to paint it in mineral red, that more closely matches the Q waycars of
the 30's and 40's. Don't know if that is correct, but I like it.Bill has always
been a big help, and often points out things I have overlooked, before I finish
my model. Bill's test car is very well done.
And Gerald Edgar's article on pocket calendars was very informative. I am not a
"professional" collector, but I do have several of these calendars and am now
more aware of what the Q did, what years and what they looked like.

Thanks to all who contributed, and to Dave Lotz for all his efforts in getting
it together.
Now I just have to find a project that Bill Glick has not done and build a it
for another article.
Ray BedardSan Jose CA

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com