[CBQ] jobs & Burlington fans

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] jobs & Burlington fans
From: Gerald & Virginia Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 11:47:49 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1284396475; bh=EoR283Rhny9pliZ57WBXeTp/BVDjQl1ZNIJhhYu4XYY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=BwCHd7rjZkaz9PP4KmiFNCH21p8EGQbl6B3GO0X6mwXJajht3rDpw4jo2tk8xIuqnSw9n9j4UGeTu/YNEenhMt5FOA94rxzQzzLQSrlBIeZnpCchVMlN9wMBtRElp0qg
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I realize the list is for CB&Q related items but I also consider it is for CB&Q
enthusists & in that regard we always hope that our fellow Burlington fans are
doing well in all respects.

In that regard I am a firm believer in networking. Some of you may recall a
clinic I did on collectibles yrs ago in St. Louis when I explained 'how I find
so much neat Q stuff'.  One of my best sources was my mailman!  He noted my
getting some mail with BR heralds and commented to me on a Sat when I happened
to see him that he knew of a widow on the route whose husband had worked for
the Q.  Needless to say (& I can give a lot of other examples), from that day
forward I let everyone know I collect Burlington!

Related to that, I too have been in the unemployed ranks since entering the
world of work in 1978 and know how important networking is.  I also know in
current correspondence that several fellow Q fans have been out of work
(considering 10%+ of the population is unemployed/underemployed that's not a
surprise).  Those who live near Iowa or have expressed a willingness to
relocate here, I've given tips to.  I think we all would benefit from doing so
if for no other reason to keep up our membership!  (hobbies get jettsioned when
times are tough; effects meet attendance, etc).

So those of you who are unemployed & either live in Iowa or are willing to
relocate to Iowa, let me know offlist as my employer & others I know well are
hiring. And here's a good RR opportunity for someone: Iowa Northern (ex-BCR&N
nee Rock Island) angling up from Waterloo to Manly is looking to hire a
Dispatcher/Clerk!

This ties into the Q as the old BCR&N was jointly owned by Q/RI pre-1900 for 20
yrs and several former BCR&N execs moved over to the then new CB&N inc. its Gen
Mgr.

Gerald

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com