[CBQ] NS Office Car Special

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] NS Office Car Special
From: "Rupert & Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 09:32:07 +1200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1282426348; bh=BZs3xSdnP6V2octe5LVgw5O8vAah3mL+qbXdQFsTmSo=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Filtered:X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Result:X-IronPort-AV:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=X/v49GYCb72vd6SoKYUj5yCKezR1LW+dLBdqiT2h8BtuWqzP2cnKw+mi7AyMQ3rxXaoAFpudRrtkVKowXD2nTTTWkPwrPQWXlbw7Sk7n0lIIHvjOEv+9jxqwPhFV1vLH
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Dan

Thanks for the note about the Special.  It would be great if one could join
them on the trip!

But having received your message, I was reminded to say a quick "thank you" for
agitating Jim Singer over the burnt roster pages that appeared in Zephyr 55, as
he has just sent me legible photocopies of the pages.  He also sent three
additional burnt pages from the passenger car roster for 1914, which greatly
added to my understandng of the class system.

However, a further effect of your e-mail was that as I was looking for the note
from Jim in the large pile of paperwork by the computer, I found the two cards
you sent me on the occasions of Crystal and Daniel's graduations.  I put them
to one side when they arrived and I'm afraid they disappeared into the pile.
For that I must apologise.

Anyway, our sincere belated congratulations to Crustal and Daniel, and to the
parents who raised, guided, mentored, worried, bullied, praised and enjoyed
them!  I can remember how proud we were when our younger daughter graduated
from university.  What are their plans for the future?

Maureen is still on Cloud 9 as we are now grand-parents, our younger daughter
having presented us with a boy about 4 months ago, which made us both very
happy. They only live about 20 minutes away so we get to see them all about
once a week. We've jointly rented a beach house for Christmas so they'll all be
there as well as our other daughter and her partner.  It's the first time we've
been away with both daughters for a very long time, so I'm really loking
forward to it. Something for you to look forward to!

Thanks again for the note, and please give my congratulations (and apologies)
to Crystal and Daniel.

Regards

Rupert

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com