Re: [CBQ] My First Fan-trip, Not one but two big steamers

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] My First Fan-trip, Not one but two big steamers
From: "JAMES GOODIN" <horse12761@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 14:24:05 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1280604254; bh=onEmySZopDFrqp/48Sjou5FSrqn3+eUHJIM02WfgHdQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Originating-Email:Message-ID:To:References:In-Reply-To:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:Seal-Send-Time:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=CG7nRgyTGhRd3MX4FiZGG6pDOwgLFB8ti6iD9D6AtPbG3/F9G8LqejoYPrAOKxZAIFzAt3dVDOe7P61aIdy4c9HVMjVEJxlO2vd6RrrFaw7JtmvcuVklc2jaqePNQcdQ
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi Dave,

I also rode behind 4960 in 62 or 63 from Davenport, IA.  My dad took me on that
trip when I was about 5.  I'm not sure where we rode to, but a guess would be
Barstow or Denrock, IL. as both had wyes.  I remember riding in a bi level car.
 When the ride was over the crew placed steps up to the cab and we got in line
for a cab visit.  Once we approached the locomotive, I would not go in because
I saw the fire in the firebox.  As a 5 year old I thought all fires were bad.
Oh to go back in time for a "do over"!

Jim Goodin
Blue Grass, IA