RE: [CBQ] My First Fan-trip, Not one but two big steamers

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] My First Fan-trip, Not one but two big steamers
From: Ray bedard <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 09:30:11 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1280593819; bh=DvxYEiRBiio0Jaf14Jmwo6oWATNuOx1VnVHm9OX/E4E=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=PDEC0CLdm/pue3ZXHvyKvVBc1UnjEp9KvPeHJxrBaIR508vOyg8vYEAgoH/pjo9x1YqwpStUchghe+5wFFwUcMU2j50FrDBMymYSHUUJZm9bvnhG4K5nMj9VHLs0ujmj
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
This was a great article that you did Glen to preserve the memory of that
wonderful trip.

Yes, Dave Lotz, it would make a nice aritle for the Zephyr. Would be nice if
others that rode the steam special in the late '50 and '60 could write about
their experience as well. The only time I road behind a Q steam special was
when 5632 was painted gold in to celebrate the Q Centennial running between
Chicago and Aurora on May 23 1964. I took lots of photos (slides) and was
fortunate to find someone who recorded the entire run and bought a copy of his
tape. If memory servers me right, I his last name was Adams, think his first
name was Jim.

I don't know of a lot of videos of the Q steam specials but have to believe
that a lot of folks took movies of the many runs the Q put on during those
wonderful years. It sure would be nice if someone could take all the know
movies and make them available to the public through a source like Green Frog,
Greg Scholl, or someother DVD maker.

I do have several vidoes but they mostly cover the Denver area specials. I have
to believe that there are a lot of movies shot of the double headed special of
1959 with 6315 and 5632, that one would really be of great interest to a lot of
us.

Ray Bedard
San Jose CA

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com