Re: [CBQ] TR2s

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] TR2s
From: Bryan Howell <tubaman21@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 13:13:39 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1273176824; bh=pJIB7/sCRjVUC42512T5lB6AldUrSwWCOItqAfGs9VA=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=RtP1dc0xHO/cibFDsBjrnKiwmibgUlN94unyqix5WG51UzffV9Fjz9C/bapo68MonIjSgg8lVhFOFxASWd0ZlzO4FZ8DkWW5QVqR9xcQ5jKekvmMinW8f27Xl8CrMxCg
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bill,

The Q's TR2 units were delivered in two batches, the first in Feb-March 1949
and were numbered 9401AB-9409AB, with the second batch in November 1949 and
numbered 9410AB-9413AB.  The Q also acquired the EMD TR2 demonstrators and
numbered them 9400AB.  All B units were cabless when delivered, otherwise the
units would have been classed as NW2's.  The Q sent the B units back to EMD in
1954 where they were rebuilt with cabs and reclassified as NW2's.  The units
retained their original numbers, including the 'B' suffix.  An easy spotting
difference between the A and B units was the A units featured the curved front
cab windows while the rebuilt B units had the rectangular front cab windows.
Most of the pictures of the TR2's pre and post rebuild dates I have seen have
been in the Twin Cities, working Dayton's Bluff and the local transfers.  More
photos of the units can be found at the following link towards the bottom of
the list.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoList.aspx?id=CBQ&mid=70

 Bryan J. Howell