[CBQ] Re: Glick Models

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Glick Models
From: "Bill Glick" <Qglick@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:07:47 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1272049745; bh=oxg8kwqBTVDYQJhkCpbWx7DXu5IPNiRsUTbNznSoxfA=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Originating-Email:Message-ID:To:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:Importance:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=J9DOAtil/96Mez3vYugIXnQzR/ApPAkliK8sRmlef6hHX/iVqzehtpmPs4CkDGw+0giB8r5Mfp7BNJvxHdl46l8bPJAK4yN+6QVsxEZrNtLuT6Fv07qt8mGar1PF2Zxi
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi Group

Answer to questions. The color of the Waycar was decided thru a call to Hol
Wagner.
The photo is B&W so I had to ask an expert. The car is light in color with
black lettering.
That eliminated red or green. Hol said early on the railroads used yellow. The
cupola, windows, and
tool box were a darker color so I chose to use green (It may be Red?). A photo
of a similar car may be
 found in the Waycar book page 7. The photo I used is a Frank Ellington photo
(Early) which
at present I don't have authority to publish. (Sorry) The small openings on
each corner
 are access to flag in day time and lantern at night. The center window in
cupola was
for lantern inside, later this lantern was placed on roof then eliminated all
together soon
after that. You can see evidence of the lantern on cupola roof in Waycar book
page 2 and 12.
Also several years ago Jim Tangany made a model with the lantern on roof of a 4
window Waycar.

The Test car history may be found in Bulletin 24 pages 70-73. I have submitted
an article for future Zephyr.
The main word of caution in the drawing of the side view does not match the
photos. The floor plan is correct.
I created a new side view drawing of this car, if any one wants a copy let me
know and I would be glad
 to send you a copy. My model shows a tool box on both sides but later I think
there is only one.

Hope that is some help.

Bill Glick

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com