Re: [CBQ] Re: Original Gallery Cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Original Gallery Cars
From: Bryan Howell <tubaman21@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 17:25:45 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1267234349; bh=y30FIrzsIS4jU3Us/zUaL9C1HsA3aYZRaXZQo28QVWc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=fWLwm5CIuj0t03us9NmAD1XCmo3GGNKQnvqKZkEXsU9780AXlP28PsEeAPJ/xo0A0OsoxwkT4OyYs9t0g/EaQ+t90YtN4WY8QJ0YenavWb5ZlnrqZTpSyeXg0aFcHs7A
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I did some more digging and it looks like cars 700, 709, 710, 712, 718, 720,
734, 752, 762, 790 and 792 are on the Great Lakes Central as Joe LeMay
previously reported.  The cars carry reporting marks FRYX, which are for
Federated Railways, an equipment leasing company.  They claim on their website
that they have over 50 stainless bi-level commuter cars for lease, along with 8
cab cars.  I tried contacting them to get the numbers of the cars they have on
their roster, but it bounced back to me, so I may try calling next week.  Of
the commuter cars that the Q bought, 42 coaches have been retired along with
all 5 cab cars, which means it may be possible they have all of the retired
former Q cars somewhere.  I received a report that those retired were scrapped,
but this makes me think otherwise.  Also, I had 762 still being in service with
Metra, so that will have to be fixed on the website roster as well.  Reports
indicate that the cars in
 Michigan are for a proposed commuter rail operation in Ann Arbor, which is
hoped to start late this year or early next year.  Some cars may also be
earmarked for a Ann Arbor to Detroit service.  The big mystery is what are the
cars that are on OMR.  I'm guessing that Federated may have them on there for
more exposure as they are for sale or lease.  Anyways, hopefully I can find out
more here at some point.
 Bryan J. Howell
tubaman21@yahoo.com