[CBQ] Re: XM-32c boxcar questions

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: XM-32c boxcar questions
From: "soocarman79" <soocarman79@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 15:24:06 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1265642659; bh=vPi/ENJEMBoZq8ol4xL09aVaiRhggljxKXBwHOS3gS0=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=DX5VFidyjCTAiDZhmkYewSxHL9QeigqZIloiyu8XtkbhiciDcU/sOMC47q9VvkWgtmFHOJHL8jDPfK9Nil5gx0kpS8LrvXl0PjNPbRIjhSxlDRLM7LndyrDWBhGqAl6V
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
If my memory is still good, all the retainer that I saw were located between
the ladder and the hand brake.  That way the brakeman could reach the retainer
without reaching around the hand brake.  The air line to it ran straight down
the end of the car and did a 90 under the carbody to the brake valve.  Also I
later years the handbrakes were relocated to the lower position.  When that was
done the retainer was located along the side sill close to the brake valves and
it would be stenciled on the side sill marking the retainers location.
Mitch

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com