[CBQ] RE: Villisca axe murders & CBQ sked

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] RE: Villisca axe murders & CBQ sked
From: Gerald & Virginia Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:23:51 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1263943437; bh=SvcHwedE77Na0DHmEm8R1xt6IszlMSvjUMg+W/iSqj8=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=BSLtuFv9A+zgjAJdbSIPyYgo3IeEMnumvf7kCeKiIsPIiUybDFi0vXPpwzUea5WP+g3UIoYwAY+MEf5jnfQSUz4cXurD3w+oxfJGZMPnFr4NoKSmsjN+KGNRNmCsZg2A
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Tks for exact date Dave!

Pre-WWI the Q issued a new public TT nearly every month.  For 1912 there were
spearate TT's for May, June & July for example and skeds were the same ea of
those months for service on the Chi-Denver main

For June (corrected to June 2)

There were 4 trains going west from Osceola to Villisca (1 being a thru train
that would only stop to p/u passengers from Osceola going to Denver & west)

Of these 4 only 1 left in the pm - #9 left Osceola @ 6:30 pm, & getting to
Villisca by 8:30 pm.  (you could also take a local that just ran Osceola to
Creston, 5:00 pm to 6:20 pm and then catch the following #9)

To return from Villisca to Creston, the possible murderer could have caught #10
@ 3:19 am, arriving in Creston by 4:13 am. Next train did not lv Villisca til
9:33 am as #6.

Do not have an ETT for that yr for Creston Div but even in those days freights
could not be counted on for a specific time (i.e. planning a murder)

For the record: Osceola MP 360; Creston MP 393 & Villisca MP 428.

Gerald