Re: [CBQ] CZ brochure gaffe

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CZ brochure gaffe
From: John Manion <railbass@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 08:19:37 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1262531989; bh=REL43FQ+jUEgaGecnFduoZFAplVMbcesRMJzqioQIYA=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:References:X-Google-Sender-Auth:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=SzUzAPwDKnxWWzNNAe9hUO1oVyCHsf6jyegbiPoATyL4W3sZ2BAY2RLTCYezYqFeUx8RU/TatzOvKnKEHrt3mrpRj2EC21CvVLc1LYtpxOXo81hneGkKQCrRtq34NHAC
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I grew up in Denver following the D&RGW and CB&Q and rode the CZ a number of
times, often just to Grand Junction or Glenwood Springs and return.   I was
also a member of the Intermountain Chapter of NRHS and a volunteer at the
Colorado Railroad Museum at that time, up to graduation from CSU in 1967.
I remember hearing the story about the infamous brochure several times, but
I never got one or saw one myself and thought about it as maybe a rumor.   I
have four VHS copies of CZ videos, including an autographed copy of Richard
Luckin's award winning video, which I am watching this morning.   I don't
remember noticing that in the video, but I'm going to watch for it.   I also
have *Portrait of a Silver Lad*y and Hal Zimmerman's *The Story of the
California Zephyr.*   I will do a little research for the story.
- John Manion
  Denver, CO

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 7:58 PM, smokyjoe66 <js08ws62@sbcglobal.net> wrote:rn

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com