Re: [CBQ] Re: Commuter train with a baggage car?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Commuter train with a baggage car?
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 07:13:02 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1262445184; bh=zBgSpNnX4ONIsAmLEKz67JdwIMqUPSOIJmL94MMFMP0=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=UQnrAXa16ZroIW0s+tifwbnDElGf5l1MSuj8u8B3ZfWMbylLIO4eMoMIJgSJV9PoyvHbYpUkWIQrTF0WMbmWtFfc1gEuAGcxLLIblsuu+FxglrPHhMvQ3lSsNxd58n/l
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I worked at Aurora Tower the last 7 months of 1973 when the motors were being
rebuilt.  We had the last train out in the morning and the first train in at
nite was all single level cars.  A mix of NP, GN and CNW coaches.  That way
there was a whole train set in also being rewired for the HEP.  At the same
time there was a Baggage car with the end knocked out which was used to move
wheel sets from 14th St to the shop in Aurora so some times there would be both
a power car and the Baggage/Wheel Car in a train before or after the rush.
When working at Congress Park in the spring of 73 the ticket clerk still was
using sealing wax for the remittance to send in on the train.
Steve