[CBQ] Chicago Terminal was Clyde Yard

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Chicago Terminal was Clyde Yard
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 20:43:28 EST
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1260323025; bh=rcOtmdSbxWdD0auFbjmOVZCEzIlvvSb1iJE9FJh0fH4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:X-Spam-Flag:X-AOL-SENDER:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=aqDG/EQQys9VGcdHwTD0Qjo2w4P2arhFpXrQwprMOGaVAc+iaKMfSmg/LwFubgD3rlqKwmu0skc1v5VhBH/qVOOZXZuz9aXbz1NzbyV+b6EN77BVsA4PYhW+8qDey+A0
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Jeff,

I never worked in Cicero but spent a lot of time studying the assignment
board that was in the Rdhse while waiting for power. I'm sure there are
others  who can provide far more detail but heres a broad brush approach
assuming
we are  talking about diesel time frames.

There were a number of jobs at 14th St for head end car transfers,frt
house(House 1,2 and 5),REA job and jobs chasing/spoting the Zephyrs and
Northerns and jobs in A and B yard making up dinkies,etc.

Western Ave had several yard classification jobs and the Lumber district
jobs.Along with the ramp jobs.
In Cicero there were receiving yard jobs that I'll assume went on duty at
the hump,There were bowls and departure yard jobs,D yard jobs on the west
end at  Clyde for chasing w/cs and TOFC moves to the ramp,etc.
There were transfer jobs that I believe went to work in D yard at the east
end yard office (cant recall its name).
There were also frt house jobs at Cicero.
Bottom line there were many dozens of daily jobs going to work at various
locations in the yard and terminal.

I believe the tower you are referring to was La Vergne tower that
controlled the interlocking. Most likely closed when CTC went thru. I'm sure
someone has the time frame but it had to be early to mid 50s.

Leo Phillipp

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com