[CBQ] New CB&Q Book

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] New CB&Q Book
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 19:44:37 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1259631959; bh=qBeaE5txul+9lNV2LOSjNVYlt6uKvm5Gz3aYQFTFthc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=K8HxtWaozQkpxbNiP53nog8Zqbr8mUICl6nimOuL39RYdLIuFguX/haBQtV1n2DfnNOGybaWqd5D3EXBvnkCRGyNzZCUqEIcfSFvJf/8NFcRivrqwLbxX8xU20aoYfp/
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I just received a copy of a new CB&Q book that I stumbled across on eBay...

A History of the CB&Q Illinois Pea Vin by R.W. "Bud" Linroth.

The eBay item number is 300369285031 and the description is as follows:

"A retired BNSF Conductor has written a history of the line he worked on
between Galesburg and Savanna, Illinois. It is in softcover form with 8 1/2 by
11 pages. There are 22 pages of color pictures and entire book is 280 pages.
There are chapters on branch lines such as New Boston to Galva, Barstow to Rock
Island, Denrock to Sterling and Lass to Ebner via Fulton. There are also
chapters on how trains were run by train orders, passenger service, Galesburg
Terminal and the Quad City area. Towns covered are Henderson, Rio, Alpha,
Ophiem, Orion, Warner, Briar Bluff, Colona, Cleveland, Barstow, East Moline,
Moline, Rock island, Hillsdale, Erie, Denrock, Fenton, Garden Plain, Fulton,
Ebner, Thomson, Sterling, Lyndon, Galva, Beardstown, Browning, Bushnell,
Monmouth, Alexis, and Savanna. Book will be signed by the author at your
request and this is the first edition published on August 15, 2009. The book
was printed and bound in the USA. The "buy it now" price was $29.95 Illinois
Residents must add $1.95 sales tax. The book will be shipped media mail for
$3.16. The pictures are the front cover showing train #80 going by Barstow in
1966 and the back cover which shows the area the book covers."

It is a 286 page softbound book with many previously unpublished photos and a
good history of the lines involved, along with operational details and much
coverage on the people of the railroad.   I was more than pleased with my
purchase and recommend it to anyone wanting to learn more about our favorite
railroad.

Charlie Vlk

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com