[CBQ] WP 100th Anniversary Special Train Using CB&Q CZ Cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] WP 100th Anniversary Special Train Using CB&Q CZ Cars
From: "rwullich" <rjwullich2@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 22:36:57 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1254263872; bh=pN+thoE8+GhVHJnz3DraHTf+lcrnOVAbLzXs8wgMNCo=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=FF48FvFnHhXFBaH2VSoGOR4OREfoicGN9aJu82XdKnNPlgmCedMi/3VsMMbGq9XS7FqkOnDSvhzBuOvwUf1vJs6sXJxNn8XZOkdq/tOnzctureYVeSvw1eExoYh18ZYL
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
FYI...

FEATHER RIVER EXPRESS
THE CALIFORNIA ZEPHYR RETURNS

October 30 ? November 1, 2009
In Celebration of the 100th Anniversary of the Driving of the Last Spike on the
Western Pacific Railroad on November 1, 1909

California Zephyr Railcar Charters will utilize the only three original
operating California Zephyr cars in the west to operate a mini-California
Zephyr passenger train over the original Western Pacific Route. Our train will
consist of an Amtrak locomotive and our three original California Zephyr
"Silver Fleet" cars including:  Silver Lariat (dome coach), Silver Rapids
(Sleeper) and Silver Solarium (dome-sleeper-lounge-observation).

The trip will operate roundtrip between Oakland and Portola in celebration of
the opening of the Western Pacific ? the last Transcontinental railroad. The
routing is scheduled to include BOTH the famed Altamont Pass and the Feather
River Canyon.

Our three car California Zephyr will be limited to a total of 48 passengers
onboard in each direction to guarantee a Vista Dome seat for everyone at all
times.

Our famed service featuring freshly prepared gourmet meals served on our custom
china accented by crisp damask linens goes along with our open bar offering
premium labels of beer, wine and spirits and is included for everyone.

This truly unique kind of opportunity only comes around once every 100 years!

Schedule
Friday, October 30:
Oakland to Portola via Altamont Pass and Feather River Canyon

Saturday, October 31:
Layover in Portola.  Train parked next to the Western Pacific Railroad Museum

Sunday, November 1:
Portola to Oakland via the Feather River Canyon and Altamont Pass with a
special stop on the Keddie Wye Bridge to take part in a short "Last Spike
Ceremony"

For ticket options and pricing, please visit our website for additional
information.

California Zephyr Railcar Charters
1146 Charleston St. ? Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(714) 751-2032 office ? (714) 751-4920 fax
info@CalZephyrRailcar.com

Visit our website at: www.CalZephyrRailcar.com for more information about other
Tours and Charters