[CBQ] Re: CB&Q SW1000

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q SW1000
From: "thommack" <thommack@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:00:13 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1252681251; bh=DqakHGHyoOFDyOfjYX3kDugfTyte/mvIhQZjXB7a5Xg=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=rRAXp+cu4nruAJ4CYp2v4clpR5ndi4NPecwntEtiXPyDUI8WtThmewDWOfWUmmB1sTdr4QjDKHPyuWi2PmmcGMw3m6qnsafQIDHmonhQw+h0Ri9iGF3R9GFJJWgzU4Bt
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
To follow up on Bill's post, the 9314 was the only unit to get the simplified
Blackbird scheme. Athearn is offering the 9314 in that scheme.

Another interesting side note on the SW1000's is the frame stripe. While most
switcher units were receiving the white Scothlite "dashed" reflectors along the
frame, the SW1000's came with the standard red and yellow frame stripe, not the
white reflectors. Very nice looking. I can only assume these may have been
color reflector stripes since it seems that all repaints got the Scotchlite
reflectors. Can anyone confirm the SW1000 frame stripes were reflectors, and if
not, why did the Q go with painted frame stripes instead?

Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH