Re: [CBQ] West Aurora depot/frt house

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] West Aurora depot/frt house
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 07:10:51 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1251814321; bh=yAjfHpWMZrxBIgu+TwBy9oTMa44XaY7LownYUO36+jg=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=fTDsOt8mH2A36hhe4ZC9/JEvDhGA46GA0zR9XC9/ptXmVb6BMBWlpG6UoXPs146lsD6DPQ4UgK2pm6pZKvWzl8A399dNaNGzZKk3U6217vAaTj3VzIchQjFDVJfnCyHq
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Leo
I spent saturday morning with PK Hannah.  We have hung around together since he
bumped in to Cicero from Hannibal.  He takes me to shows as his Cicero Wheel
Man and Muscle(he deals in paper)  As well as being the editor for the Railway
Station Historical Society.  He grabbed his Baldwin History of the Q(you can
down load it on line) He thinks the building might have been the Aurora Station
for the C&I with the Middle Ave trackage the main from Depot to South Aurora
where the main headed out the old C&I alighnment.
The C&I opened in Jan 1871 and was not leased by the Q until July of 1892.  His
earliest timetable is 1888 and thinks before that the timetables were printed
in the papers and suggests we look in the VERY early papers for the station
locations.
The argument sounds good as the C&I was independent for the  years before the
lease came about.  On the flip side the predecssor road that built the Fox
River line bypassed the downtown area circleing around and north on its way to
Geneva(City Fathers may have been pressured not to allow them thru town by the
growing CB&Q)  Later the Geneva branch and now called NIFA(altough most people
do not know what NIFA stands for)
What would be your thoughts??
I may try and stop at the State Historical Lib(under the old state capital) on
my way north to Rockford
Steve