[CBQ] Re: Re:59'0 car named Omaha ALLTHE EVIDENCE SO FAR

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com, union_pacific@yahoogroups.com, dsp-p@yahoogroups.com, colorado-railfan@yahoogroups.com, pullmancompanyresearchers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Re:59'0 car named Omaha ALLTHE EVIDENCE SO FAR
From: MICHAEL PANNELL <michael.pannell@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 23:34:59 +0000 (GMT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1250811366; bh=HXuD6kTA3t1kfbgEEk9r/Sxqb7f6o7epAwSsdCJ8Tmo=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=MWzmDdsocYJHgMI1YmZEv2xfnUOPIoQU5gOeM2wvCyY68nf6A7JOLz4coqNT1wtneDy59sqEoy6Ed2FNiz7P6EKJCSdlEx1ej630/WALHNi7niAmM+jPobaeYMlZU8Ch
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Thanks Bill
Thanks for the list this may give us some clues, just to set the record
straightI will list everything we have found......
1,   the car is listed by C&S as 53' 4" inside, 54' 0" over sills, 61' 6" over
buffers.
2,  rebuilt by Hicks in 1902 and sold to C&S became number 85
3,  had a partition between 3 and 4th windows on the stove side and 4th and 5th
on the opposite side.
4,  We have found evidence that it was built with hood vents and internal
bulkhead ventilators over the doors which were removed on rebuild.
5, it has original arched door posts, but internally a square door frame,
internal frame could be later rebuild,
6, we have no accessible original window frames to look for a lot number, we
found all our lot numbers on 57 on the clerestory frames, window frames. We
dont have that luxury here.
7, the screen frames in the roof are all claerly marked OMAHA and then the
window number, however the OLD window number is LOWER than the C&S number
indicating that it had less windows before rebuild, normally the stove windows
were eradicated and the old number is the higher one.
8, We have canvas ceilings this denotes a much older car than our 1887 car,
Whites books suggest canvas ceilings were out of fashion by the early1880's.
9, We have remnants of 1/4 " (Yes really that thick) patterned glass from one
clerestory window, only about 1/3 of the original piece. Ours in 57 are only
1/8th.
10, The Corner post lamp brackets are identical to ours on 57 also a Pullman
product, the design appears to differ amongst different builders.
11. It had the same style 4 post hung gas lamps as our car, which are now
covered over with ornamental wooden dish shaped turnings all covered in C&S
depot cream.

Hope this helps may just hinder not sure which....
Mike