Re: [CBQ] CZ Diners

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CZ Diners
From: Bob Webber <cz17@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 10:54:14 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1249660235; bh=N+RZn68auJzekPzlgzV+hT4jwa40VxCVs8c7om71z10=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Mailer:To:In-Reply-To:References:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=oUGn4suxN3oA85TxeV028cJAOB//qMmed+qBuBaNJf/wtAuLuhFjtqdwBxiYXuZgKKpq7h6p6hGV2AtBkNrxInpmYJEdbsCrilGbD87ZPP+xvE5xqvMPvqJySg2dkbp6
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
An interesting point - the TCZ diners were very close in design.  But
the drawings indicate CZ only - I haven't seen anything for other Q
cars.  And that might make sense, the CZ was maintained a little
differently than the other Zephyrs, and had its own Pullman
maintenance manual.  We haven't discovered any other Q specific
manual, though Phil may know of one.

Then there is the Amtrak Heritage Maintenance books that detail
modifications made to each car.  Included are the smaller drawings
that one might need to maintain the car.

I've only gone through 90 some odd drawings from this group - there
are likely several hundred more.  No telling what might turn up.  The
first 30 were all window related (window cappings, sashes and the like).