[CBQ] Transload Facilities

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Transload Facilities
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 16:18:16 EDT
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1243282813; bh=6SH72eNV8/j8bpe09rHDKL3zEUNNwYpwORLBTBqinIQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:X-Spam-Flag:X-AOL-IP:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=REcowGriVdwDh/wnwiXiZQ9eET9oa9NfkFeGNJu6WTZl24i9w2uM9vAQXf2N0HWuEU4f6TXFmuUW//B2CcT2bPVwAGFcCYe8HHcytlK4n/modtUfc7H+++zps5MzY7ZG
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
In my real job I have recently spent some number of hours at a  transload
facility. A few years ago I spent an evening at a CSXT facility  but the one
I was at twice this week was on the BNSF. Having spent almost 40  years in
the RR industry my eyes and brain were really awakened by this past  weeks
insights.
These transload facilities are capable of handling almost any  commodity
and delivering it to the consignee as needed(just in time) w/in 300  miles. I
watched cement,salt and plastic pellets being unloaded into trucks and  of
all things,sulfuric acid being loaded into tank cars from trucks !  This
saves the class one the crew and branch or industrial track time,saves the
consignee the car demurrage and staff to unload the car. I don't hold much hope
 for what we once knew as the nuts and bolts of retail RRing. Going RR in
the  future will mean pool turns forever.

Leo Phillipp
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221823249x1201398664/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=May
ExcfooterNO62)