[CBQ] Line Abandonments

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Line Abandonments
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 16:03:05 EDT
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1243281858; bh=t8IwGaW3RYhklrbTqp+a87OIPldZsfAQ1kjMIczdMak=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:X-Spam-Flag:X-AOL-IP:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=CIWQv/83GfXJVlvBA74hOHutLFDBjBeFueuSFm900mhiMzD6hl3YmzXGFLBW9cLx2GUKybIE8Qq7XEpBT0IO2XBDwSswi3PfEvSGJR1zymjs7ki2gfDX/ofpcvtI9TWb
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
First I want to thank Russ for posting the line segment info.
I was struck by the news that both the West Batavia(Nifa) and West Chicago
branches have been filed for abandonment. While I fully see the lack of few
 remaining industries one either line it was the finality of abandonment
that  struck me. After the spring meet I went exploring and was blown away at
General  Mills with the fact that there was not one car in the yard ! I've
come into town  with 60 cars and not one empty spot on any track and here
were 3 tracks  totally empty. I've heard the rumor that G.M. plans to close the
plant in the  next few years but...........  I worked both these lines
many,many times  and routinely heard first hand the 16 hour job stories. The
Burlington Junction  is based at the old Q operated cement post stub at
Montgomery next to the former  sheep yards and off the line that went to one of
the
mine run gravel pits  discussed in the newest Bulletin.
Does anyone know if the Burlington Jct. serves the West Batavia and/or West
 Chicago branch ? The reason I ask is that on a recent dinky trip I heard
the  Eola Ydmstr call the "Aurora Job" on the radio. That was a real throw
back.

Leo Phillipp

Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221823249x1201398664/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=May