Re: [CBQ] Geeps(ex troop kitchen cars) at Oregon

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Geeps(ex troop kitchen cars) at Oregon
From: "Russ Strodtz" <normansen@groundcontrol.us>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 15:18:01 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1241554698; bh=4PMMps7U9jSEqs2Km3v4F2PT/D/c5qoDsCejf2ryBMY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-DWNI-Authenticated-User:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=ZFWyo/2xQKJ12HpmD5UV16vDbXnf7g3kqSopFW5UVF/XBqaDbrLNkn1wSmH+ir97cd9WdZvTZ4Fz/IMEM8Tn+MpToujfxZgqHOu42WAurAkEvTcf018JnvoMvipC0W1N
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Leo,

Oregon Turn you are correct. I don't know if you also notice
that the Eastbound Dinky ran at almost whatever time it ran.
It was often 20 to 45 minutes late. I seem to remember that
45" was the time that people would start to notice. There
were some nights that the Oregon Turn would already be late
before it had even left yet. Oregon Turn got supper while
yard was switching.

REA: Around 1957 the REA quit running at Wheaton. For quite a
while it was done at Western Springs, at some times it would
be four or five cars there. It was often set out at Western
Springs during the middle of the day, usually on Sunday. On
the other hand I never did see any Dinkies setting out at
Stone Ave. They might of but I just saw the cars but not them
setting out.

Russ