Re: [CBQ] Longevity of Everywhere West paint scheme on XM-32 boxcars

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Longevity of Everywhere West paint scheme on XM-32 boxcars
From: "Rob & Bev Manley" <robev1630@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 19:13:08 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1240186391; bh=gzH0grdSRs1EO7KzhnUZCsDGysVYlVGJyDL4GZ0DUzg=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MIMEOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=azUd9FE0u7bmVA7/NvqzaACogOGaInto8Y6uC/beCqODx3rz61Ys/VM/pJoEbjLDZy6+XO523fhXM6s7cryEqeYpRacJUttxFsinADwH+KX+rBXYg+eO0/YvjKDXVrDX
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Mark,
One of the things I discovered about the Q was that nothing was without
exception.
Most of the mineral red outside braced wood cars stayed that way. Lettering
variations but still wood sheeted.
The steel cars can't be generalized. Some were some weren't. It was a matter of
ecconomics.

I was watching an old B&W episode of "The Fugitive" that showed Richard Kimble
jumping a freight on the west coast.
A RS11 shoved a cut of cars past him  that contained a 50' Double door w/ auto
end doors painted in Chinese Red. This is the same car Life Like Proto 2000
made. Except you have to change the ladders to 8-rung.
I guess my best advise is model what you have photos of. Look at the Bulliten
on XM32s and Mike Spoors CB&Q Color guide to Freight and Passenger cars. Pay
attention to the dates.

sweat the details,
Rob Manley

-----