[CBQ] ex-Q E8's and E9's (Was Re: [PCL] STL MOT Deaccession)

To: PassengerCarList@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] ex-Q E8's and E9's (Was Re: [PCL] STL MOT Deaccession)
From: Stephen Levine <sjl_prodigynet@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 18:46:05 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1238291174; bh=jfypMmGaHK7hv4D4IMYgYxItTpMTbYcgce/w34pnw4o=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:To:Cc:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=mnQsBlkgxGy48II9FZe6CBntgnYP5ZYgCsKj+9h2smx+3NGrn9NXNTpx+iU5UM5Z1A/O+puEcfoDgMyXAImVVVkKgiv3I2qDcVJf1613xv+yEL5gA9h6rELy4ieWAXpT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
MARC 66 may have some incorrect information.  If it was built in 1954, it was a
E9 at it always had 2400 Horsepower.

I saw the unit in Washington Union Station in 1993.  At that time, an article
appeared in Trains about the units which had been purchased from the Chicago
RTA.  The article had its heritage.

Incidentally, I believe that 4 of these units still remain in Nashville.

I do hope another museum picks up 66.

sjl