Re: [CBQ] Barstow

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Barstow
From: "Russ Strodtz" <normansen@groundcontrol.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 21:58:04 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1236225494; bh=T3WUPLr9SVoSn5852QcVB/gspYyI46J1Ca0yjHTgUjE=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-DWNI-Authenticated-User:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=hsWxXRWJQK5K6C/aDbbChUIdwAFwEIF6LMFh3MsOXJ7bTVTBFyigkLxI6A+DrEc4TvHA7A9Yg8uP/afuLe2xpzL7bkstLlUn9D66i4gukN62deIJzonfce10ik4wc/fY
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bob,

#64/#69 was set out Clyde/Eola/Barstow for marketing. They
wanted to get it competition against the traffic on the CRI&P.
During the early 50's used S4's, probably again, for marketing.
Not enough freight business with diesels but wanted what was
available with the best at that time.

Galesburg and Savanna would not get them direct to Clyde.
'57 last year used and it was only direct Eola to Barstow.
By '58 it was decided that marketing no longer thought
that there was enough business. That was that.

They liked to call it the "Tri-City Mdse. Way Freight"

Russ