RE: [CBQ] Savanna Depot

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Savanna Depot
From: "BRAD SLANEY" <bradslaney@viawestdu.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 12:11:15 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1235755847; bh=wj15kS7WjfJ2mWqQfTahG62rrgQhcqxukLu8fCRXKnY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:Received:Received:Received:DKIM-Signature:Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:References:Message-ID:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:In-Reply-To:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-Yahoo-Marked-Not-Spam:X-eGroups-Approved-By:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=nCZ2fc8cv9Opamo+AK9ltbUgMWFkBWm5RDPx62/pwhjQnWCndDZ1E/OAVX/odVpp2lzyGD+EiVCNYueEmicD5hFay//8aEoYQkm9bE/uwQBmtb5XZP9lq+jqkHYPrsQm
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1235755846; bh=9OMz6hcA9bmbnnR5tz5DXjNpCO/p2Z8uA1XnOldIxyQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:References:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:In-Reply-To:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:Subject:X-Yahoo-Group-Post:X-Yahoo-Profile:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Sender:X-Yahoo-Marked-Not-Spam:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-eGroups-Approved-By:X-eGroups-Auth; b=ihkYuSuVqUvUmB60msaF3tVrvz5smMi8QLYXfkNSbpFWmuJTh5Z7ecQDiJgD1+yX9pk5k7hqgneaqUqOxIpkGh0cTr6eGNQ3oyDbqkVF874SmK6Ima4XogGoTSB7rF1D
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I can help a little, facing the depot on the track side; the waiting room
was on the right.  The floor was white and black small tile with three of
four wooden benches.  The agent had a door separate from the public access.
Northbound LaCrosse Division trains received their clearance at the depot.
I saw the agent hand orders to northbound freights many times.  This was
circa 1958.  The upstairs was a bunkroom for passenger crews.  I was never
up there, but from what I heard it was pretty bad.  I know some of the C&I
Conductors had small apartments in Savanna.

BRAD

  _____