Re: [CBQ] Waycars

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Waycars
From: "Ben de Vries" <ben1.vries@planet.nl>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:36:44 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1234377659; bh=QoFcHtlyU0ioCa+ZzEmYKOKX+a4ffeZkG1s6lb2BXRQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=ISs5UhlngDEv+ochx4YEg/Fuq2pXGKSHEty12ZHPUmifpBGbH/22hEwPEtbZ715E2OISlnukH4WseSCsJX6CP0pltEju0hadGxR/bQ39sibtETCl3IO0s9ukIh2b1Emn
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
John,
For what it is worth: Model Railroading of June 2003 contains  an article about
kitbashing C&S Cabooses using
MDC "Old Timer" cabooses (#3440-3444), which have the two windows per side of
the cupola although a bit short.
According to the article Walthers #700-7508 could also be
used but no details are given. Also included are 2 pics of
C&S # 10606 at CRM Golden. The trucks are a problem however:  a search of the
Caboose Hobbies website does not yield T-section trucks with leafsprings; only
with coil springs.
Hope this is of any use.
Ben de Vries, the Netherlands