[CBQ] NE-12 Model

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] NE-12 Model
From: "Ralph W. Brown, Jr." <cbq682@grics.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 15:27:37 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
To All:

I recently purchased a Bachmann waycar that appears to be right on the money
for a NE-12.  It's a rough cheap model.  My friends and I would refer to it as
"toy train garbage".  I picked one up many years ago and began to strip it
down.  I set it aside and never picked it up again. . .until this week.  The
window configuration appears to be exactly as the ones in the prototype
pictures.

I'm guessing some of you out there have probably done the same.  If you have
reworked one of these, could you post what parts you used for things like:  the
under frame, ladders, couplers, etc.  Also any tactics in putting it together
would be helpful.

There is an awful mold mark on the top of the roof walk.  I've been
contemplating how to make it look better.  Removing the roof walk itself
doesn't appear easy.  Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

R.W. Brown, Jr.

Galesburg, IL