[CBQ] Re: Stamped steel shingle roofs

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Stamped steel shingle roofs
From: "bigbearoak" <jonathanharris@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 23:32:04 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Thank you, Sam. Very helpful! I've read that stamped steel shingles go
back at least to the 1870s, so it is entirely possible they were the
first roof for Milan (though not necessarily, of course). According to
Frenchman, the Trenton, NE depot was built in 1886, and metal shingles
supposedly were its original roof covering.

Nice paint job on your depot! Thanks for the link.
Jonathan