Re: [CBQ] Stamped steel shingle roofs

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Stamped steel shingle roofs
From: Sam Cook <trains@sjcook.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 16:47:19 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The Milan, MO, depot currently has stamped steel shingles.
The depot dates to 1882, but originally probably had wood shakes.
No idea how old these shingles are.  We just had the depot painted in
summer 2008, including the roof. No rust problems, although a couple of
leaks.
http://sullivanhistory.org/depot/building/index.htm
Depot was QO&KC/OKC&E/CB&Q/BN
I have started drawing this depot in CAD... if anyone wants a copy as it
stands now, let me know.
I have the keys... anyone passing thru town let me know if you want a
'tour'.
Sam Cook, Sullivan Co. Historical Society, Milan, MO