[CBQ] Re: Oregon, IL

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Oregon, IL
From: "pal_houston" <paulaleonard@tx.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 02:19:42 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "dsarther" <sartherdj@...> wrote:

> Group Members,
>
> I was looking at the "photo file" linked to the CB&Q Yahoo Group
and
> came upon a photo of what appears to posssibly be a fan trip behind
> steam locomotive at Oregon, IL.  The photo caption states that it
was
> taken at Oregon, IL 6-62 and added to the site by
member "bigbearoak"
> on December 9, 2007.  If you are the photographer or member that
posted
> the photo to the site would you please contact me off line at my e-
mail
> address.  I have some questions regarding the track arrangement in
and
> around the depot area captured in the photo.  What I am attempting
> do is create a correct track plan for this area to go along with my
> Oregon, IL depot model.  Sanborn maps of this area don't even come
> close to presenting the correct track plan.
>
> Thanks, Dave Sarther
> sartherdj@...

A small, but very detailed copy of a CB&Q drawing (map) of the track
layout at Oregon was presented as part of Jim Singer's "Along the
Burlington Route" article on Oregon in the 2-03 Issue No. 47 of the
Zephyr.  Copies of this issue are available from BRHS.  It is better
than anything I have seen elsewhere, including Sanborn maps, Google
Earth, or Burlington track diagrams.

Good luck with your model!

Regards,
Paul