[CBQ] Re: Commercial Post: Con-Cor Announces Twin-headlight Pioneer Zep

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Commercial Post: Con-Cor Announces Twin-headlight Pioneer Zephyr
From: "Hubert Hanrahan" <domelinerdude@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 15:22:47 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Thank you Philip and Randy;

That 1953 re-expansion of the consist and shroud removal seems to
coincide with the introduction of the Kansas City Zephyr and American
Royal Zephyr and the PZ assisgment as the Zephyr connection between
Brookfield, MO and St. Joe, MO.

Hugh

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Weibler" <pawnbaw@...> wrote:

> Hello, All -
> The truck shrouds were on in 1952 but gone by March of 1953. Bear
in mind that the Pioneer was a three car set in '52. Aurora put the
fourth car back into the train over the winter of '52-'53 and that
seems to be when the shrouds vanished.  At least that's my story.
PAW

(http://www.prototrains.com/pioneer/pioneer.html)
>   I had determined based on the dated photos that were available to
me that
>   the truck shrouds disappeared sometime between October 1949 and
May 1954,