[CBQ] Cut down ladders on XM-32 boxcars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Cut down ladders on XM-32 boxcars
From: "Mark Heiden" <mark_heiden@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 17:49:25 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Happy New Year everyone!

I have a question concerning the cut down ladders on XM-32 boxcars
following removal of the running boards. On the A-end of some cars, it
appears that the ladder stiles are not cut down to the same length.
The left hand stile is usually cut down to approximately the seam
between the two end sheets.  The right hand stile appears to be cut
down only to the fifth rib from the bottom. This appears to be very
common with the XM-32b cars. The photos that I'm working from are three-
quater views with much of the end obscured by shadows.  Are the ladder
stiles really cut down to different lengths?

Thanks,
Mark Heiden