Re: [CBQ] NP 10-6s was Re: Branchline coaches

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] NP 10-6s was Re: Branchline coaches
From: Bob Webber <rgz17@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 08:21:51 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The NP cars that were first discussed, were part of an arrangement
with SP for the CASCADE through car service from Oakland to Seattle
(and return).  The NP cars were almost identical to the SP 10-6s in
the same service except for the trucks (41-N-11 vs 41-ND-11).  These
were built by Pullman in Lot 6874 to Plan 4140-C.

This is the basic car in SP SSS service scheme:
http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/932-6845

Note that when the NP cars were painted in this scheme, the scarlet
"letterboard" was lowered to match that of the Budd equipment.

This is the NP car in NP colors:
http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/932-6846

a 10-5 is in NO WAY close, these are 4140 plans (by Walthers) and are
likely as close as you are going to get - they are fairly close as is.

Note that one was painted in the SSS scheme in 1965, wile the other
was in NP scheme in that year.  264 stayed painted in SP until at least 1967.

Naturally, the as-delivered scheme - in SP or NP  is not (yet?) available.