Re: [CBQ] Re: Branchline coaches

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Branchline coaches
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 18:00:04 EST
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
When I built my two Branchline coaches I had to file down the partitions
just a little bit and then the roof snapped in place. Mine were from the first
run though. I've noticed on some of the later cars kits I've bought the  roofs
seem to have a very slight wrap in them. Although I haven't built them as
yet, I went over the kits.

Thanks for the information on the American Models Laser Kit part, I will
look into getting it.

Another thing of interest in the passenger models coming out from Walthers.
Well not exactly a Burlington car but Walthers is doing two of the "through"
streamlined Pullman cars. 10-5 Cascade series painted in Mo Pak Eagle and a
10-5  painted in Frisco but with PRR lettering for the through Pullman Service.
While  neither car is a 10-6, they could be used in a consist of the CZ to
"break up"  for the through NYC-SF Pullman. These two cars fit right with
(turning my  head here) but they fit right in with my Penn Texas train, which
all
started  with modeling the Pennsylvania Limited to get that through CZ Pullman
 and from NYC.

I do have another question, this is about the North Coast Limited. The NP
owned 2 Pullman Standard 10-6's that were bought for the pool passenger train
on
 the west coast. In the late 1960's I'm thinking 1966, the Pullman cars were
dropped from service on that train. These cars first were painted in the two
tone Gray SP "Lark" and then later were painted in the silver with the red
letter board strip. Upon Pullman service being dropped from the train, the
10-6's were shopped and repainted in the two tone green NP paint. Then they
were
used in the NCL. Does anyone have a photograph of the car? The only photo I
have  of the car is at poor angle.

Loren Johnson
Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.