[CBQ] Clarion IL

To: Q <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Clarion IL
From: Michael Matalis <mmatalis@sprynet.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 15:41:31 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
About midway between Arlington and Mendota at current milepost 87.85
there is according to my DeLorme atlas, and the neighboring crossing
signal box, a spot called Clarion. The crossing box also references TR
374, which I assume is the old township road number. Does anyone know
why this spot warranted a name? There's no sign of structures, past or
present, and with the exception of "Electrics" (which I already know
the story behind) at Mendota, no other railroad point in the area
that's named but doesn't have a town associated with it.  So far the
only thing I've turned up is that the local township is called
Clarion, but there's no where else along the line that named after a
township.  Does anyone have any insight on this?  It might seem like
trivial pursuit, but it's been bugging the heck out of me.

Thank you kindly,

Mike Matalis
Downers Grove IL