[CBQ] Shortened Ladders and removed roof walks

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Shortened Ladders and removed roof walks
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 21:31:39 EST
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
As in all things mechanical on RR cars it is the AAR that sets the rules as
to changes in standards,not the individual RRs.
If my memory is correct it was either 1967 or 1969 that the AAR committee  on
safety appliances revised the rules to require the removal of roof walks and
the shortening of ladders. Into the 70's we were still,on
occasion,walking"over  the tops" to knock off sticking brakes,etc while moving.

Leo Phillipp