Re: [CBQ] Steam engine smoke box paint

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Steam engine smoke box paint
From: Stan Maddox <stan.maddox@burlingtongulf.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 23:25:19 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1226550345; bh=lIcCQm7apIZaYTHfw8evPK4iZGMECKRQIoBFyai6opg=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:References:Message-Id:To:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=lMd/kOcLWyt4mYb9QeYu9gccI7SQbkd6MXk9vCQzyl2Ic2LXfC8hIR2Dnc6kD6JyRvFRnZNk4NAk7A7uL3ajCthETxUpcHdtiPD1tbdSQ523F1ruLqbB3Q1gui4sHeKq
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I've had very good results blending silver and gunmetal in
approximately a 50-50 ratio. The color and sheen are on target, and
it seems to be just the right amount of metallic, without looking
like automotive paint. It isn't scientific, but it sure looks right
and I have received numerous compliments. Check out the military
colors in your favorite type of paint, the next time you are in the
hobby shop. Good luck.

Best regards,
Stan Maddox
www.burlingtongulf.com