[CBQ] Re:Seasonal Info.

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re:Seasonal Info.
From: "Douglas Harding" <dharding@nethtc.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 06:38:58 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I agree with Leo on the grain harvest, every era dependent. The old timers felt
good if harvest was done by Thanksgiving. Today
farmers want it out by Halloween. As I kid I can remember corn in the field in
Southern Iowa well after Christmas up into January
for some farmers. And just last year we had significant corn in the fields
around us into February due to the Ethanol plants not
having enough on site storage. Corn that had been sold/promised to the plant
way last summer was left in the field until they
needed it or had room to store it.

For seasonal fall colors, check out some gardening books or US Extension
Service websites.

Doug Harding
www.iowacentralrr.org