[CBQ] Fw: [IlliniRail] Central Illinois Railroad CB&Q Heritage Unit Debu

To: CBQ <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Fw: [IlliniRail] Central Illinois Railroad CB&Q Heritage Unit Debut
From: Dan Grobe <dlgrobe@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 17:57:52 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
This may be of interest to some here.

--- On Wed, 10/29/08, Matt Lastovich <racer24wc2500@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: Matt Lastovich <racer24wc2500@sbcglobal.net>
To: IlliniRail@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 12:34 AM

Thought I'd pass this along, this locomotive looks very nice and was painted
in the past
month outside at their compound. It's worth going to check out!!

-Matt Lastovich

Hello Everybody-

I am pleased to inform you all that the Central Illinois Railroad will be
debuting its
Chicago, Burlington, & Quincy Heritage Painted engine on Friday, October
31, 2008.

The extensive and exhaustive repainting job will be complete Thursday, Oct. 30.
 The first
run will be on Halloween, Friday the 31st.  That is this Friday!

The locomotive has undergone and extensive cosmetic restoration in celebration
of the
Lumber District's heritage.  This is ex-BN trackage, before that CB&Q.

The breakdown for the day is looking like this:

0800: "Ceremonial" painting of the bell gold.
0845: Breakfast for all those who care to join either at David's Grill or
Steak N Egger, both
          walking distance from the office.
1000: Departure from locomotive compound to begin day's work

Engineer and conductor will be wearing 1950's railroad attire and the
locomotive will be
flying white flags.

Approximate arrival back between 1400 and 1500 (2-3pm).

The day will include numerous special stops and set-ups for photos.  These will
include 3-
5 stops with the Sears Tower and Skyline in the background.
We will also be doing 2 or 3 runs charging up our hill, the engine always puts
on a show
here.  There will be at least one assured in good light (nose lit).

We use AAR 80-80 for our radio channel.

As we are a working railroad, this schedule is subject to change.  Times are
tentative.  It is
recommended those interested show up at 918 W. Cermak around 0800.  The
day's details
including stops, plans, etc. will be discussed there.

We are a railfan friendly railroad as long as the railfans are NOT doing
anything dumb.

Please come join us for this inaugural run and celebration.  Many of the set-up
photos will
not be able to be duplicated as we normally run west in the morning and are
rarely nose-
lit.

Anyone who has any questions please feel free to contact me and snomandrums@...

Feel free to spread the word around...we are trying to get publicity and more
railfans!

Thanks and hope to see you trackside!!!

-Kevin Vahey
CIRY Engineer