RE: [CBQ] Chicago visit

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Chicago visit
From: Keith Nystedt <keithnystedt@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 17:45:15 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I'm surprised that no one mentioned the first locomotive, Pioneer that is on
display at the Chicago Historical Society. Not CB&Q related, but the Dearborn
Street Station is neat as well as the Santa Fe building on Michigan Avenue. If
you have the chance to get to Mendota, they have a museum in the depot and have
CB&Q steam locomotive 4978 on display. Leo McCauley is part of the list and
would probably be thrilled to show you the Mendota collection. It's only about
30 to 45 minutes from Aurora.

Keith Nystedt
Phone 630-697-1334
Fax 630-416-8777